News & Industry Affairs/AASA news
- South Africa: SAA Signs Codeshare Agreement With Brazilian Airline
- 'Game changer for Africa' as leaders launch 'historic' free trade deal
- Mozambique, Zim sign air transport agreement
- Airline Networks & Hubs: SA shows potential despite constraints
- SA aviation: A tale of 2 airline industries, says CEO
- Aviation industry surprised, disappointed at SAA CEO's resignation
- [podcast] Certain African countries hesitant to open up their skies
- SA aviation leader honoured with lifetime award
- Chris Zweigenthal receives the Ato Girma Wake Lifetime Achievement Award at AviaDev
- [video] Aviation Special: The Need for Aviation to Achieve Sustainable Growth in Africa
- African countries still hesitant about open skies - expert
- AviaDev 2019: African aviation leaders confirm their participation
- Airlines plead for exemption from carbon tax
- Aviation Africa Summit 2019: Flying Forward Together
- Chris Zweigenthal to receive the Ato Girma Wake Lifetime Achievement Award at AviaDev
- ERA hosts 2019 global Heads of Airline Associations
- AASA AGA 2018 Report Summary
- Airlines call on SADC governments to remove blockages slowing economic growth
- SAA to host AASA's 48th AGA: Enabling African Airline Service Excellence
- Southern African Airline Industry: It's Status and Priorities
- Governments should play part in financing airline security - AASA CEO
- Not just challenges in African aviation - AASA CEO
- AASA 2017 AGA: African Pilot magazine's December issue cover story
- AASA sponsors Wonders of Aviation's attendance at 47th AGA
- Transformation in SA aviation industry hindered by skills shortage
- Cemair hosts AASA's 47th AGA
- Air Transport supports 490 000 jobs and US$12bn in GDP for SA
- Aviation Festival Africa 2017 in association with AASA
AASA sponsors Wonders of Aviation's attendance at 47th Annual General Assembly
October 16, 2017. Wonders of Aviation (WOA) news. AASA held its 47th AGA from 12 to 15 October 2017, at the Wild Coast Sun in South Africa’s Eastern Cape province. AASA sponsored the attendance of Gift Kgadima, Wonders of Aviation (WOA) Secretary, to the 3-day annual event, and Comair Limited sponsored his flights.
Fortunately, several aviation-orientated programmes have been initiated and target school learners. Among them are Wonders of Aviation, which is a South African non-profit organisation founded by our good friend Don Schenk, from the USA, and actively supported by AASA and the aviation industry in South Africa. Its objective is to use the magic of flight to inspire and educate previously disadvantaged youth about the aviation industry with outreach programs that encourage learners to consider a career in aviation.
Chris Zweigenthal, AASA CEO, in his industry address at AASA's 2017 AGA
Gift is a product of the Aero Club of South Africa’s Transformation and Development division and was one of WOA’s first Award Winners. He demonstrates the leadership we hope to see in all our team.
Gift demonstrated his early leadership skills at the Cornerstone College, Silverton, Pretoria where he learned to fly drones. His commitment to making a difference in Africa's fight against wildlife poaching, led to him flying drones for Air Shepherd, an organization supported by the Lindbergh Foundation, that uses drones to protect elephants in Africa.
Gift is a 2016 Schenk Family Award Winner, was elected Secretary of WOA in 2017, and has been awarded a 2017 WOA
bursaryto help him pursue his pilot training.